Like everyone else, I expected my life to follow the same pattern as the billions of people before me. I also grew up with a not so good, not so bad childhood that somehow left scars on my life. However, I always seemed to take those scars differently than alot of people. I, and billions of people like me I'm sure, didn't have a father growing up. Sure, up until I was five years old, he lived in the house, but I never saw him. (Don't worry, this is not a sob story.) I guess what comforted me was that I grew up firmly believing that God was my Father (but I never questioned a mother since I had my physical mom. I never put two and two together.) Anywho, because of this belief, I restricted myself from doing so many things that my peers around me were doing. This is both good and bad and I'll tell you why.

1. This is good because it kept me out of trouble. I tried to follow the literal teachings of Christ, not knowing at the time that they had a spiritual meaning. I got up in front of the classes and delivered speaches about Jesus, always for assignmnets though. One in particular was the topic of who is your childhood hero? Of course, that was my opportunity to speak about Jesus Christ. Yes, I was your classic Pharisee (even though I didn't keep ANY laws of God! LOL! I didn't even go to church on sunday. I didn't know about the Sabbath at the time, but I gave the excuse of not being able to find a suitable church. Can you imagine a hypocritical Pharisee? LOL!) Even I would tell my friends, "I can't wait until the 2nd Coming Christ comes so I can go to heaven." Somewhere along the lines I ran into this verse:
Matt. 24:3 "As Jesus was sitting on the Mount of Olives, the disciples came to him privately. "Tell us," they said, "when will this happen, and what will be the sign of your coming and of the end of the age?" AND

Matt. 24:30 "At that time the sign of the Son of Man will appear in the sky, and all the nations of the earth will mourn. They will see the Son of Man coming on the clouds of the sky, with power and great glory. 31And he will send his angels with a loud trumpet call, and they will gather his elect from the four winds, from one end of the heavens to the other."

2. This is also bad because you couldn't imagine how righteous I was in MY OWN EYES! There was no way I could truly understand that I'm a sinner. AHHH! What would I do? Jesus came to call the righteous, not the sinners! (Matt. 9:13) Yet, I never paid attention to that verse.

When the time came for God to bring me to the Church of God World Mission Society, after looking so long for a church that kept the Sabbath (My family and I kept the Sabbath at home, which added to my self-righteousness), I finally studied about the forgiveness of sin. Of course at the time I studied at first, I understood that I was a sinner and that I sinned against God in Heaven...but only by knowledge. It's one thing to know the fact that you're a sinner and a completely other thing to feel and realize the point.

Now, having some time in the Church of God World Mission Society, having so many experiences, I realize that I am a worse sinner than anyone I have ever known. All of the things that I warned my friends in elementary through highschool not to do because they were against God's law, I did them by nature. Actually, everything I did was to please my sinful nature. In my mind I wanted to please God, but you can't do both.

Forgiveness of sins is not given based on how well you know the scriptures or even how physically "good" and "kind" you are. What matters is if you obey what God said, not committing (or at least trying to not commit) the sin again. God truly does help us with the struggle.

It's amazing! Before coming to the Church of God World Mission Society, I never really knew that I was a sinner. I never knew the sin I was capable and guilty of committing. Even going to so many different churches in the past, (and I've been to alot of them) I never learned that I was actually from heaven and committed the sin there, which explains the situations on this earth.

Only the one coming from heaven can explain such a situation in heaven. That one coming from heaven is Christ Ahnsahnghong. He established the Church of God World Mission Society as a place of redemption and forgiveness of sin.

Where would I honestly be without Father Ahnsahnghong?
Matt. 5:20 "For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven."


I didn't even come close to the pharisees and they couldn't enter. Though they kept the law flawlessly, they didn't realize that they were sinners.
Luke 7:39 "When the Pharisee who had invited him saw this, he said to himself, "If this man were a prophet, he would know who is touching him and what kind of woman she is—that she is a sinner." (And he's not?)

Even though I was waiting for the 2nd Coming Christ, I didn't know that at the time I was waiting for His last coming for judgment. Now, thanks to the 2nd Coming Christ, Christ Ahnsahnghong, I have the hope to return to the Kingdom of Heaven being truly forgiven of my sins.

0 comments:

Newer Post Older Post Home